Wednesday 29 December 2010

Back To It

A belated Merry Christmas readers!
 
Huge, huge apologies for the total lack of postings since the beginning of December.  My pre-Christmas run-up was painful.  Whilst, predictably, my ever-present forward-planning gene played it's part beautifully and prompted me to buy Christmas presents early, the whole family were caught by a horrible flu bug which took us clean down 10 days before Christmas Day.  Tree buying, food shopping and present wrapping therefore were a last minute scramble and did nothing but further burden my broken body and mind.  Two very drunken nights out, firstly with work and then with best friends only heightened my shabby state and by Christmas Eve I was fit for nothing.  Unfortunately, the bug stayed with us for Christmas and Boxing Day and yesterday was the first day that we all felt more or less normal again. The babes are still restless at night but we're generally much less snotty than we were and I've ceased the constant dispensing of medicine both to myself and my children.

Thankfully, some respite was gained by way of much online sale shopping and I have many purchases to share with you.  Himself and I (sans babes) also ventured into town to fight the masses for bargains but we came over rather feverish in Reiss and decided to abort mission in favour of the fire and laptop at home.

I will post pictures of my new togs as soon as I've worked out how to use my new toy, courtesy of my lovely mum …

No comments: