Monday 29 November 2010

Weekend Treats

This weekend I went to visit one of my best friends in London.  She was throwing a baby shower on Sunday and as we hadn't seen each other for too long, I took the opportunity to arrive a day early and spend some time with her.  Becky lives in a beautiful flat in one of the nicest parts of the city, South Kensington.  Her local area is filled with restaurants, bars, delicatessens, patisseries, boutiques, art galleries and high end designer stores and every time I visit I marvel at how gorgeous the whole neighbourhood is.  Our Saturday was spent chatting non-stop and enjoying a manicure at the local nail bar.  The manicure I had was fantastic!  Three days in and it still looks like it was done 5 minutes ago.  I wish my nails always looked like this.

On Saturday evening we ate at Sophie's Steakhouse which is a fabulously chaotic restaurant with a delicious menu and then shot straight home to catch up on X-Factor.  Perfect.

Sunday was the baby shower which was held at the beautiful Charlotte Street Hotel.  We had THE nicest afternoon tea and the mother-to-be had a total ball.  I wore my new Whistles swallow print dress with black opaques, high heeled booties and gold jewellery.  I did take a couple of outfit shots, but as I'm photographically embarrassed at the moment I was dependent on Becky's camera for pictures.  Unfortunately, she's somewhat technically challenged with no idea how to download photos so I may be waiting for a while for these!

Thank you again for a wicked weekend Beck.  Love you x

No comments: