Monday 22 November 2010

Amo Roma

This weekend I was lucky enough to spend three days in beautiful Rome.  Whilst the grandparents looked after the babes, Himself took me away for some long overdue couple time.  I think we pretty much walked our legs off taking in the incredible sights of the city.  My favourite was St Peter's Square at Vatican City although The Sistine Chapel inside the Vatican museum was also mesmerising.

My camera, predictably, let me down and is now fit for nothing but the bin.  However, Himself had his iphone and we used that to take countless pictures.  Surely Rome must be the most photographed city in the world?  I will upload outfit pics later this evening but for the moment ...




After walking what felt like a million steps, we were grateful for the abundance of restaurants and cafes to rest our weary feet and refuel our depleted energy levels.  Long leisurely lunches (uninterrupted by infant chatter!) were undertaken and one glass of wine easily became a bottle.

We ate lunch here yesterday and could easily have spent the rest of the afternoon drinking wine and watching the local Italians who favour this restaurant.  Unfortunately we had a flight to catch and we arrived home yesterday evening to two very excited babes and two very tired sets of grandparents!  After a long day (morning spent at the Colossem, evening spent getting our reality TV fix) we collapsed into our own beds and slept like logs.

Today, my feet still ache.  Until next time Roma.

No comments: