Tuesday 31 August 2010

Bank Holiday Loveliness

We had a family break in Cornwall over the bank holiday weekend.  We stayed here at Boscundle Manor and it was perfect.  Gorgeous hotel, amazing service, two pools for the kids and a breakfast to die for. 

The weekend's activities ranged from the sublime (dips in the pool, large white wine spritzers, delicious fish suppers) to the ridiculous (suspect crab sandwiches, a half hour hike to the top of the cliff with 2 children and a buggy and traffic jams on the way home).

With it being England I'd packed for all eventualities and included everything from bikinis to Wellington boots.  However we were lucky with the weather (although I will admit to being just slightly disappointed not to be able to break out my new purple Hunter wellies) and didn't receive more than a light sprinkling of rain.

Unsurprisingly I was very casually attired with outfits all being variations on this:

Breton - Zara, skinnies - Primark, parka - Primark, flip flops - Haviaianas
The next holiday is Christmas and New Year which is a depressing thought.  It seems like summer's only just began when it's over - perhaps we'll get an Indian Summer and September will be glorious.  Fingers crossed.


2 comments:

SarahR said...

I love Cornwall so much !

I've tagged you in an award from my blog here

http://pinksugarandspice.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-first-blogger-award.html

Natasha said...

Hi Sarah, thank you!