Friday 17 September 2010

Preparation

As you've no doubt gathered by now, this blog is going to be of the more sporadic persuasion due to such inconveniences as childcare, illness, work, social life (of sorts) and, let's be honest, sheer laziness.

Anyway here we are in the middle of September and it really is starting to feel like autumn.  I spent this afternoon tidying up the garden and putting away summer toys with the babes.  OK, so Peachy retired to nap on the sofa after 10 minutes and Pixie spent more time investigating dead woodlice than helping but the intention was there I'm sure.

The control freak in me enjoys "getting ready" for winter - battening down the hatches etc.  The fashion whore is also really looking forward to dressing for the new season - wrapping up in scarves, pulling on new jumpers, rediscovering beloved boots and, best of all, flaunting that perfect coat.  Which brings me neatly around to new purchases.

After a frenzied few weeks of buying/returning/ordering/returning/buying I nearly have my A/W wardrobe sorted.  There are still a few things on my Can't Live Without List, more of which later, but after a lot of deliberation this is what I've bought.

Leopard print faux fur - TS (picture courtesy of a hideously messy weekend with the bestie and the gay in Stoke)

Fabulously Roman Holiday-esque calf length 50s skirt - brand new ASOS via ebay
"Camel" (actually more like oatmeal) cashmere mix sweater - Uniqlo
Palest pink cashmere mix sweater - Uniqlo
Feather maxi skirt - Warehouse
Grey and black striped maxi - Warehouse

Rolled gold 60s vintage ladies watch - ebay

Lightly waxed parka - Primark Mens' Department.  Perfect for nursery runs, park days etc


Fit and flare skater dress - ASOS
 You'll note a distinct lack of shoes and bags above.  I don't actually (sharp intake of breath) need any new shoes at the moment and I can't say I've seen any that would make my very existence more meaningful.  Strange times indeed.....  Bags however are another matter.  As are scarves and sunglasses.  List to follow.

No comments: